£1.19 – £10.29
- gtin: 5055923602041
Carnation Yellow. A very popular traditional cottage garden half hardy annual that possesses a charm and allure that continues to captivate people around the globe. This sturdy variety produces an abundance of stunning Canary Yellow flowers on strong 20′ stems.
Cultivation Advice Carnation Violet
- Sow under cover at 70F 8-10 weeks before average last day of frost for flowering the same year.
- Can be sown until early Aug as a Bi-annual to flower the following year.
- Seed requires light to germinate – press lightly into soil surface and do not cover, keep moist.
- Germination period is 10-14 days. You will find that carnation plants are very easy to grow.
- Until the first true leaves appear, try not to water directly from overhead.
- Transplant to separate pots or trays when large enough to handle.
- Transplant outdoors after any danger of frost is past.
- For a showy planting, do groups of 3-4 seedlings.
- Space seedlings about12″ apart.
- Plant out in full sun and a rich, well-drained soil.
- Water during dry periods.
- Benefits from feeding once or twice a month whilst flowering.