Delphinium Larkspur, more commonly known as “Larkspur” has tall spires of elegant, tightly packed flowers up to 36” high. Shades of blue, pink, and white flowers are set atop of long stems from mid spring to early summer.
Cultivation Advice Delphinium Larkspur
- Sow in from late winter to early spring indoors or heated undercover in trays at 65-70F with a fine covering of the growing medium.
- Germination: 14 – 21 days and approximately 60-90 days to bloom
- Satisfactory results are obtained by planting seed outdoors as late as early summer.
- Transplant seedlings to trays or 3” pots as soon as large enough to handle.
- Harden off steadily and plant out when all risk of frost has passed.
- Grows best in sun or partial shade.
- Needs well drained soil.