Organic Herb – Parsley Italian Flat
£1.39 – £9.99
Especially popular with chefs, this Italian favourite produces an abundance of bright dark flat green leaves of excellent strong flavour held well above the ground on 12 inch plants.
Organic Herb Parsley Italian Flat
Organic Herb Parsley Italian Flat. Especially popular with chefs, this Italian favourite produces an abundance of bright dark flat green leaves of excellent strong flavour held well above the ground on 12 inch plants. Can be grown on the windowsill or equally in the garden for a continuous all year round crop. Annual.
Cultivation Advice Organic Herb Parsley Italian Flat
Days To Maturity: 70
Days To Germinate: 18-24
Planting Depth: 1/8 to 1/4 inch
Spacing, Row: 16-18 inches
Spacing, Plant: 6 inches
Light: Full Sun or Partial Shade
- Sow seed thinly directly outdoors from mid spring onwards in a sheltered position
- as soon as soil is workable and cover with 1/8 to 1/4 inch fine soil.
- To speed germination, seed can be soaked in warm water for 24 hours before planting.
- Plant on a windowsill throughout the year.
- Thin outdoor plants to 6 inches apart when seedlings are 2 inches high.
- Indoor windowsill pots can be left to pick young as does not transplant well.
- Harvest leaves continually during the growing season to encourage new growth.
- Harvest larger sprigs off plants as they mature.
- Parsley grows best in a mostly sunny location with relatively rich, moist, well drained soil.
- Plants are quite cold hardy and can usually be harvested into the winter.